Volunteers in Salvador
If you live in Salvador and can offer any assistance or contacts who might be able to help we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers who wish to travel to Brazil
We would love to welcome people to help in Salvador, but the reality is that it is generally far too dangerous.
- A suitable person would need to be:
- Fluent in Portuguese (or at least pretty good conversationally).
- Well travelled & street wise in challenging situations.
- Self-financing (any money we raise goes directly to help the children).
- Have suitable experience of working with children (or other useful expertise).
Whilst we appreciate all offers of help, much of the work we do is in some of the poorest and most dangerous parts of Brazil.
Some of these areas are not entirely safe for Brazilian nationals, and can be positively dangerous for tourists and travellers.
You are most welcome to visit one or more of the projects, but we strongly advise you go with one of our representatives for your safety, for communication (unless you speak fluent Portuguese) and out of courtesy to the project, who will have someone on hand they know and trust.
Please see the “visiting Bahia” page for more information.